|Position:||Technical Advisor / Team Leader – Somalia/land & East Africa|
|Location:||Somaliland with travel to other regions|
|Application Deadline:||30th November|
|Start Date:||To be determined|
Under the guidance of the Deputy Regional Programme Manager, the Technical Advisor/ Team Leader will be responsible for leading the technical content of the programme for Somalia/land and the East Africa region. The Technical Advisor will provide direction to the programme, focusing on support to SMEs in the Agricultural sector, cooperatives and partners to boost local production and support the growth of small-scale enterprises.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of SPARK-led strategies, standards, tools, and best practices in the Agricultural sector
- Deliver trainings (World Bank standard) to SMEs and entrepreneurs
- Act as the main focal point for SPARK Somalia/land and East Africa region
- Support technical, programming and strategic needs assessments and provide technical solutions to regional and country program teams, remotely and on-site, for strategic planning and to support application of program design and implementation standards, best practices, partnership principles, tools, and M&E, ensuring high-quality implementation.
- Carry out regular on-site field visits to project activities.
- Develop strong knowledge of on-going projects and relationships with country program teams.
- Specifically, lead trainings and manage consultants for agricultural programme and Value Chain methodologies.
- Contribute to knowledge management and learning through collecting and analyzing program data, evaluating strategic projects, assisting with measuring program impact, capturing and sharing lessons learned and best practices, and research and internal reports.
Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Postgraduate Diploma/ Masters Degree (required)
- Minimum of five years relevant international working experience in an NGO setting either as Team Leader or Consultant/Advisor
- Proven experience promoting successful farmer business organization and market access for SMEs (interview)
- Previous experience providing technical assistance and developing successful proposals for external donor funding is required (interview)
- Demonstrated application of technical principles and concepts in agricultural livelihoods, value chain development, and/or agricultural market development (interview)
- General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
- Experience in business development, marketing, sales.
- Experience in delivering trainings and advising SMEs (Application and Interview)
- Experience with program monitoring and evaluation, including applying data collection tools and methodologies, data analysis, and data presentation.
- Experience in reporting
- Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks.
- Fluent in English
- Excellent relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings.
- Strong strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with the following:
Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter (in English) highlighting work experience and qualifications relevant to this TOR by no later than 30th November 2018 quoting ‘Technical Advisor/Somalia/land – East Africa.
Applications must be sent to https://vacancy.spark-online.org/ until 30thNovember 2018.
For questions please contact Majdalene Bentaher, firstname.lastname@example.org reference. Applications sent to this email address will not be considered.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.